Friday, December 9, 2011

Countdown to Christmas - Ready, Set, GO!

If you follow me on Facebook, you already know that I have made an early New Year's resolution.  Allow me to quote myself:
"I will not wait until December to begin my Christmas sewing projects."
That's right.  I procrastinated. 
However, I am determined to complete my list of projects because I am just that stubborn!  I want to make something handmade for each family member, not only because it shows my love for each person.  But, it also helps out the family finances.  You see, I am using fabric from my stash, and have purchased almost nothing for these projects.  We're not talking king-sized quilts here.  Just small little things that I think are special.  To start with...
Project #1:  Log Cabin Kitty Pillow
 
Nothing too fancy, but I've had these kitty prints in my sewing room for several years just waiting to be put to good use.  My brother loves his cat, and I hope he likes this gift.

 Project #2:  Air Force Pillow
My father-in-law is a retired officer of the Air Force.  These were two perfectly square panels that I bought YEARS ago.  They just scream, "Make me a pillow!"  And so, I did.
I still need to sew up the final edges, but then they're done.  The only things I purchased were the pillow forms, but I had coupons for both of them.  Yay!
Countdown is on!  I have a little over two weeks to finish.  Will I make it?  Honestly, I'm not sure.  I will have to tune in again to find out!

No comments: