Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Confession

I did it.  I cheated.  I cheated on Christmas.

The quest was ALMOST complete.  My goal was to make everyone I love something handmade for Christmas.  I admit I waited too long to get started.  (My fault.)  Then, I got sick.  (Not my fault.)  Then, you know, "life stuff" like laundry, making dinner...sleeping.  I made a valiant effort in this quest, if I do say so myself.

For my friends, small Christmas ornaments for their trees.  Completely hand-stitched.  No machine work at all on these.
Yo-yos are so fun!


Love this one with the white snowflake buttons!



My best friend was watching my blog posts oh-so-closely (Hi Chris!) hoping I would slip up before Christmas and reveal her gift.  Ha!  She had to wait just like everyone else.  :-)  For her, personalized ornaments with perle cotton stitching for her whole family.
The name on the purple one is a little hard to make out, but hopefully the sentiment was there.


My mother-in-law asked for an apron.  We'll call it embellished.
So, here it is.  I mentioned already that I cheated.  Well....sorta twice.

I realized I was running out of time.  The two people that I know love me the most (and wanted a stress-free Jennifer for Christmas more than anything else) are my husband and my mom.  I confess -- I wrapped up a pattern for my husband's gift and a box of fat quarters for my mom.  Both with IOU's for the actual items after the holiday let-down.

So, in looking at that calendar again, guess I'd better get stitchin'!

No comments: